* Moisturize that belly!
* Gather your props to bring along – ultrasound printout, alphabet blocks that spell your baby’s name, baby shoes, stuffed animals, flowers, whatever you’ve seen in other maternity photos that you like.
* Wear whatever you feel comfortable and pretty in – long, flowy skirts, especially solids are nice, and strapless bras that coordinate with them. Tube dresses are great for showing off your shape. Bring a pair of regular jeans, not the belly panel ones. A button-up shirt also makes it easy to transition into showing your belly.
* I have all the fabric and wraps to use for the nude shots. If your not comfortable getting completely nude bring a pair of white, nude and black panties so I can camouflage easily.
* If you’re doing semi-nude/implied nude photos, tight bras and underwear will create noticeable lines on your skin, so wear loose-fitting undergarments as necessary.
* Do bring your significant other! They’ll make a great prop for your photos, and greatly expand on the number of different photos you can make during your shoot. They should bring outfits that coordinate with what you’ll be wearing, or a dark, grey or white long-sleeved shirt and dark pants. Talk to your hubby about taking his shirt off to match your skin exposure.
* It is great to bring your other child. It is a great role for them to connect with their soon to be sibling in the belly. But remember the shoot is more about you and your child will need to be entertained while you are getting your pictures taken.
* The focus should always be on you, your expressions, your emotions, your personality, your joy and your connection.